The Kandariya Mahadeva Temple (Meaning “The Great God of Cave”) is the very gorgeous and biggest temple for Hindus, founded by medieval shrine group at Khajuraho in Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. The Archaeological Survey of India is care for this temple, which is coming under the UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1986. This largest Khajuraho Kandariya Mahadeva temple is situated in Chhatarpur District of Madhya Pradesh. The Temple Complex is extend all about 6 kms in the the Khajoraho Village. It has been most popular places for Religious purpose since 11 century and today is the most visited destination in Madhya Pradesh.
As we know that the temple is dedicated to Hindu Lord Shiva and constructed about 1017 to 1029 by King Ganda. All most all Khajuraho temples established between 9th century to 12 century by Chandela dynasty, who became very powerful rulers of Central and Northern India. In the 1th Century, there was 85 temples extending in around 20 square kilometers but today on around 20 temples are still standing there. In the 1017 to 1029 era, many prominent place of worship are dedicated to Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva, Surya and Shakti of Hindu Religion.
Kandariya Mahadeva is bedecked with beautiful stone sculpture, depict of matters of day after day, or human and animals. The external surface of the shrine is completely enclosed in three vertical layers. On the wall of Khajuraho temple, you can see erotic sculptures, which is a big attraction point for visitors.